TacTiles™ are small, clear plastic adhesive squares, which you place underneath carpet tiles to fix them firmly to each other. This patented system creates a ‘floating’ floor layer – so the flooring is fastened tight, but not stuck permanently in place. TacTiles™ come in small boxes that are easy to carry, transport and recycle.
Compared with traditional carpet tile glue, TacTiles™ reduce the environmental impact drastically and virtually eliminate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and unpleasant odours. This makes an important contribution to improving indoor air quality, and means that glueless installation of carpet flooring can be carried out while people are working, without disrupting the usual business and protecting the wellbeing of employees.
TacTiles™ are quick to install because there is no waiting time and unlike glue they don’t need time to set. So, as soon as the final carpet tile is laid, your floor is ready to use. And when the time comes to replace or move the carpet, TacTiles™ allow easier uplift and recycling.
There’s no sticky mess on the backing and no need for a costly clean-up of the sub floor. You can even lift and replace individual carpet tiles with no problem.
Our sustainable and flexible glue-free TacTiles™ installation system is included with all purchases of Biosfera I
A little more about TacTiles™
- Clear 75mm x 75mm polyester adhesive squares with coloured print
- Made from PET Polyester (the same material as plastic bottles)
- Developed for carpet tiles with GlasBac® and Graphlex® backings
- Available in sheets of 6 or rolls of 500 connectors
- Versatile and effective, with only 4-5 TacTiles™ required per m2
- The perfect solution for the installation of flooring across all sectors
- Suitable for all Interface carpet tiles and installation methods
- TacTiles™ can contribute to Green Building certification schemes such as LEED, BREEAM, HQE and DGNB
Find out more about TacTiles™
For more information about TacTiles™, please call our Customer Services team on 08705 30 40 30 or email us.