Global Product Footprint:
- Footprint – The carbon footprint of the production phase for the global weighted average product is down 19% since 2008.
Global EcoMetrics 2012:
- Energy – Energy use per unit of production is down 39% since 1996
- Non-renewable Energy – Non-renewable energy use per unit of production is down 61% since 1996
- Renewable Energy – 36% of energy used is from renewable sources
- GHG Emissions – GHG emissions per unit of production are down 41% since 1996
- Raw Materials – 49% of total raw materials are recycled or biobased
- Water – Water intake per unit of production is down 81% since 1996
- Waste – Waste sent to landfill per unit of production is down 91% since 1996
- ReEntry: diverted 6,723 tonnes of carpet and carpet scraps from landfills in 2012 globally.
- Sold 25 million m² of Cool Carpet in 2012 globally.
- Purchased and retired 344,000 tonnes of offsets for Cool Carpet in 2012 globally.
- Since Cool Carpet programme began in 2003, more than 170 million m² of Cool Carpet have been sold, and more than 2.9 million metric tonnes of verified emission reduction credits have been purchased and retired.
Additional European figures 2012:
- Microtuft products accounted for 14% of total sales in EMEAI 2012.
- Random design products accounted for 16% of total sales in EMEAI 2012.
- 99.8% of the products sold in Europe were manufactured in Europe.
- Electricity in European factories is 100% renewable.
- More dan 368 colourways made out of 100% recycled yarn.
- 71.4% is the highest total recycled content for a carpet tile made in Europe.
- Biosfera, our sustainability hero collection, was our highest growth product in 2012.
For more information about Interface, please call 080 30589350 or email us.